Lilypie First Birthday tickers

One Month Old 1/4/2010












Stella Rose is doing great - growing, very alert, likes to have staring contests with daddy, loves kisses and hugs from big sister Julia and of course nursing, clean diapers and snuggling with any member of the family!!!


MOMMY NOTE: SO glad at this point that everything is now okay, at two weeks we hit a rough patch with your jaundice reading being not great (I think they call it the BILI reading), the doctor wanted to be on the safe side and prescribed home "light" treatment UGH with daily blood tests... horrible crying breaks everyone's heart. Finally got to make it better by oiling up your foot/leg before they would squeeze the blood from your tiny foot :( (I guess you got mommy's dry skin) You had to sleep on the machine and mommy/daddy had to hold a light paddle to your chest or back if we were to hold you. It took about 4-5 days but you bounced right back! I have renewed sympathy for families that go through bigger health obstacles- this was TOUGH and I was so SAD about all the needles and how tired and small you looked...

We've attached several pictures to highlight some visitors and events during the first 30 days of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment