








The day started off with our great friend Leland (aka Uncle Panda) coming to town for a long weekend visit. I went to pick him up from the airport and then Meme and Julia met us at Mazzios for lunch. After lunch Leland help us "organize" and "prep" the house...it was a super busy and productive afternoon. In the evening we had a delicious pot roast that Meme made and tried Charlie's fried chicken. Julia went to sleep as well as a tired Uncle Leland...Mommy and I were watching stuff on DVR, got to Skype with our friend Maria Pagan and I gave Mommy a mini pedicure - simple nail trim and foot rub and then at about 10:38pm Mommy all of a sudden said "Oh my god, I just pee-ed in my pants...I have no bladder control!" She went to the bathroom and said, I'm still peeing! Then it hit her, could this be her water breaking???? Since she didn't get to experience this with Julia, she wasn't sure. So she quickly checked on-line and called the doctor. We went upstairs to tell her mom, Leland and get changed to head to St. John Medical Center! Julia woke up from the commotion, asked what was going on and when Mommy told her "Baby Rosie is coming, Mommy and Daddy are going to the hospital, Pau Pau will be here, go back to sleep." Julia said "Oh, okay." and went back to sleep!
The drive to the hospital was exciting and filled with happy emotions. We registered around 11:30pm - Meme was only 2cm dilated and still dripping/trickling amniotic fluid, so they gave her an i-v and pitocin. Within 30 minutes or so the contractions started and the timing and strength of them quickened. Meme got her epidural a little after 1am and she was able to sleep (maybe) an hour while Daddy snored for about 2 1/2 hrs! By 7am she was fully dilated and we were waiting for Dr. Parham to arrive. Baby Rosie was so ready to make her grand entrance! It took 2 pushes and she was out- crying right out of the "canal"! Our 2nd delightful daughter was born at 7:19am on Friday 12/4/09, weighing 6lbs 10oz and measuring 20".
STELLA ROSE MOY took to nursing like a pro - within an hour of entering the world she latched on. It was a wonderful moment...but we were missing big sister Julia!
I went home around 10am Friday, picked up Grandma Ping Sou, Uncle Leland and Big Sister Julia. We got flowers and of course SUSHI for Mommy. It was a lot of fun for us all. Of course the entire drive home whenever I was talking to Julia and calling her babe or sweetie, she had to correct me and say "No, I'm not sweetie, I'm Big Sister Julia."
Pictures will be posted soon (only took me 16 days to get around to it...but hey, with a newborn, an active toddler, a mother-in-law here and moving houses - that isn't too bad). Both Mommy and Daddy have been exhausted and touched by the emails and Facebook replies we are getting from such great family and friends. Julia is being great and we are so fortunate to have one of my best friends, Leland here in Tulsa with us at the time Stella was born!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment